We pride ourselves on the holistic approach we use for our admissions decisions.
Mount Alvernia accepts students based on their potential: the potential quality of their character and the potential breadth of their future accomplishments.
No one aspect of a student’s credentials is more important than another. Each part of the application, from the student essay to teacher recommendations to the interview, are all of major importance in determining a candidate’s potential for success at Mount Alvernia High School.
This approach yields a student body that not only crosses socioeconomic and demographic lines but also provides a broad range of academic ability and promise.
Admission to Mount Alvernia High School is determined by the following criteria:
- Completion of the admissions application
- Performance on the entrance examination
- Elementary or middle school transcript
- Recommendations from current faculty
- Personal interview with a member of the Admissions Committee
Mount Alvernia High School Application Fee: $40.
To apply to Mount Alvernia, please follow the guidelines below based on grade level.
Online Application Instructions
Mount Alvernia High School is one of the Boston area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna for the submission of online applications.
Ravenna allows you to efficiently apply to schools and track the status of your application online. Additionally, through Ravenna you will be able to schedule admission events and view decision notification.
To begin your application, go to Ravenna and create an account. Make sure to create your account using an email address you will have access to throughout the admission season as this will be your primary email contact with our school.
Support or Help
If at any point you should have a question about Ravenna and your application, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ravenna is happy to answer your inquiry by phone, however, they require that all support inquiries are initiated through the email address you used to create your Ravenna account. It is important that they are able to validate your access to any information about your applicant’s account to protect your privacy.
We adhere to the nondiscrimination policy of the Department of Education of the Archdiocese of Boston:
- Non-public schools of the Archdiocese of Boston admit students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all;
- The rights, privileges, programs, and activities are generally accorded or made available to students at the schools. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and in the hiring of school personnel.